No! It is not out of context! And NO it is not OK!
Here is the context
Ilhan Omar speaking on March 23, 2019, at the Council of American-Islamic Relations of Greater Los Angeles’ fourth annual Valley Banquet in Woodland Hills, California.
“CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties. So you can’t just say that today someone is looking at me strange, that I am going to try to make myself look pleasant. You have to say this person is looking at me strange, I am not comfortable with it, I am going to go talk to them and ask them why. Because that is a right you have. ”
Note: All this from a Somali immigrant who’s legacy is a father who is a documented war criminal and changed their last name to gain entry to the US. But that is a whole different bag of worms HERE
This is the accusation
“With 9/11 upon us… If you are going to quote mine Ilhan Omar’s statement “some people did something” without full context or understanding, in order to promote your hatred/ignorance please understand that your stupidity and vacuity is showing!!!”
This is my response
Being accused of taking a muslima’s verbal acrobatics, at an event hosted by a group known and indicted as an arm of HAMAS, is really out there. And then to pile on with the charge of using it to promote hatred/ignorance and being stupid. All I can say to that is that you are the one who is truly ignorant to the reality of the world around you. And my anxiety over the looming specter of Islam in America is founded in fact.
It has been presented that some of us are presenting Ilhan Omar’s statement “out of context”. Maybe it was condensed but definitely not out of context. First of all you have to understand who she was talking to. It was spoken at a CAIR banquet. CAIR is a seditious group by their own admissions but disguise themselves as assisting with America understanding Islam. More on them below. She was playing to the crowd. Oh! Look! We are the victims here. You’ll hear that a lot in these circumstances. How crappy is that?
The raw truth is that Muslims perpetrated this heinous act of mass murder. Radical Muslims but still Muslims. And to non-nonchalantly brush it off that “some people” did it, well , yes, some people did it. Muslim extremists did it. And if you are OK with Ms Omar calling this “some people did something” well …. This is your SOMETHING!
Pretty crappy to call this mass murder “something”!
At least 2,985 people died in the September 11, 2001, attacks, including:
- 19 terrorists
- 2,966 victims [2,998 as of Spring 2009]
This is a simple verbal side-stepping from responsibility. And for Omar to play it off as a this mysterious non-entity “some people” is pure BS if you bought it. Then you are the idiot. She can’t say that Muslim extremists did it. She is a Muslim. She is at a CAIR event. It would betray her faith. She can’t condone it either because she is Muslim. And it would also open herself to massive US and Islamic backlash. Welcome to another Islamic tenant of Tiqiyya.
An act of this scope will definitely get your total attention and the breadth of the carnage will most assuredly raise many very warranted concerns about the people that took responsibility for it. You bet you are going to viewed in a different light. We, as demonstrated targets of this Muslim “radical ideology”, have this highly personal and vivid reason to be very suspicious of all Muslims. It may be a generalization but not unjustified. Is there such thing as a “moderate” Muslim? Fear and hatred walk a very fine line together. Infidel fear/ hatred of Islam vs Muslim hatred of all others.
Does this look like Islamophobia? Unfounded fear [phobia] of Islam? Absolutely not! This is a true concern and out and out fear that any one of them could decide to go traditional and start invoking the directives in the Quran! Sudden jihadi syndrome. We have also had other Islamic terror acts here in the US since then. [ Boston, San Bernadino, Orlando and others] All you have to do is look to the world stage and see just what mayhem is perpetrated by Muslims. Some as groups and some as lone wolves. Am I singling them out? You betcha. The shear numbers are staggering. Need more? Try this listing of the Islamic carnage for just the month of August [Spoiler alert: 119 attacks in 23 countries. 603 killed and 928 injured.] Feel free to look at other months. Even Chiraq can’t put up those numbers!
Islamaphobia? WTF is that?
An irrational fear of Islam? I don’t think so! Look around you. The articles above should open your eyes to the fact that they want you and me dead. And please note they will even decimate other Muslims. Now that is scary in and of itself. If you are so sure about them then read the books. The Quran, Hadith and Sira are totally enchanting reading. These are their guidelines.
With its fluid meaning, the word “Islamophobia” amalgamates two very different concepts: the persecution of believers, which is a crime; and the critique of religion, which is a right. A newcomer in the semantic field of antiracism, this term has the ambition of making Islam untouchable by placing it on the same level as anti-Semitism.
- Islam is a threat to women, because Islamic teachings allow for the beating of women “from whom you fear disobedience,” as well as the downgrading of a woman’s testimony and inheritance rights. The Qur’an sanctions polygamy, child marriage, and even the sexual enslavement of captive non-Muslim women. These are not just teachings that “Islamophobes” have discovered in dusty corners of the Islamic holy book that no Muslim today takes seriously; women face all kinds of oppression throughout the Islamic world that the oppressors directly justify by reference to Islam.
- Islam is a threat to gays, because it mandates a death penalty for homosexuals that is not, unlike the one in the Old Testament, essentially a dead letter today: states that enforce the fullness of Islamic law today, including Iran and Saudi Arabia, routinely put gays to death, and as the Islamic State’s short-lived caliphate in Iraq and Syria demonstrated anew, whenever Islamic hardliners determine to implement the fullness of Islamic law, this death penalty reappears.
- Islam is a threat to Jews, because in all too many Islamic teachings and traditions, Jews are the villains of the piece. The Qur’an depicts the Jews as inveterately evil and bent on destroying the well-being of the Muslims. They are the strongest of all people in enmity toward the Muslims (5:82); being transformed into apes and pigs for breaking the Sabbath (2:63-65; 5:59-60; 7:166); and more. In line with this, Jews are threatened in Europe to an extent they have not been since the days of Hitler. And it’s getting worse by the day.
- Islam is a threat to Christians, for it mandates that they must either convert to Islam, submit to Islamic hegemony, and be killed – the same triple choice offered to the Jews. The Christian communities of the Middle East, some of which dated back to the time of Christ, were decimated, as jihad groups targeted Christians wholesale as symbols of the hated U.S. and West.
- Islam is a threat to secular liberals, because although noting the fact will get one dismissed as a “far-right” “Islamophobe,” Islam really does have doctrines mandating the conquest and subjugation of non-Muslims, and the major Muslim organizations in the United States really do behave as if they would like nothing better than the weakening and ultimate downfall of the U.S. government and free society, by opposing virtually all counter terror initiatives; polarizing American society by claiming falsely that Muslims are the victims of large-scale persecution and harassment in the U.S.; and stigmatizing all those who call attention to the jihad threat and the devastation wrought in Europe by mass Muslim migration as “racists” and “hatemongers.”
- Islam is a threat to secular Muslims, because many have come to the West as a refuge from Sharia, and now the oppression they left behind in their home countries has followed them to their new homes. Islam in all its traditional and classic formulations mandates a death penalty for someone who is sane, adult and leaves Islam voluntarily. This discourages apostasy, obviously, but it also makes for untold numbers of silent apostates who live outwardly as Muslims while dissenting inwardly. Islamic hardliners target these people, when they find them, no less than they target open apostates.
Who / What is CAIR?
On the face
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) was created as an “organization that challenges stereotypes of Islam and Muslims” (CAIR letter to Vice President Gore, 10/06/1995), a “Washington-based Islamic advocacy group” (Press release, 8/28/1995) and an “organization dedicated to providing an Islamic perspective on issues of importance to the American public” (Press release, 12/13/1995). Prior to establishing CAIR, its founders observed that “the core challenge [in America], that of stereotyping and defamation, was having a devastating effect on our children and paralyzing adults from taking their due roles in civic affairs” (“The Link,” a newsletter published by Americans for Middle East Understanding, February-March 2000). Within that understanding, they formed CAIR to challenge anti-Muslim discrimination nationwide.
Who they really are
CAIR founder – Omar Ahmad
“Those who stay in America should be open to society without melting, keeping Mosques open so anyone can come and learn about Islam. If you choose to live here, you have a responsibility to deliver the message of Islam … Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faiths, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth.”
“Fighting for freedom, fighting for Islam, that is not suicide,” … “They kill themselves for Islam.” (Ahmad Praising Suicide Bombers)
Co-Founder and CAIR Executive Director – Nihad Awad
“I am in support of the Hamas movement.”
“We do not and will not condemn any liberation movement inside Palestine or Lebanon”
“”We should not blame the Muslims for taking part in the political process, and we should not blame the United States alone for the 11 September 2001 attacks, but we should also blame the perpetrators.”
“Address people according to their minds. When I speak with the American, I speak with someone who doesn’t know anything.”
“If you love Israel, you’re OK … If that is the litmus test, no American Muslim and no freedom-loving person is going to pass that test.”
Islamic Association for Palestine (IAP) Founder / Parent organization of the Council on American-Islamic Relations – Mousa Abu Marzook
He now is a Hamas leader in Syria.
“Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it” – Hamas Charter
Senior Hamas member Marzook conspired with Omar Ahmad, Nihad Awad, and others to establish what the United States government has termed “front organizations” to support and advance the interests of Hamas and radical Islam in the United States. IAP provided the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) with employees, funding, operational expertise, and ideological guidance.
” … probable cause exists that Abu Marzook knew of Hamas’s plan to carry out violent, murderous attacks, that he selected the leadership and supplied the money to enable the attacks to take place, and that such attacks were, therefore, a foreseeable consequence of the conspiracy.”
CAIR spokesman – Ibrahim Hooper
“CAIR does not support these groups publicly.” (Hooper comments on CAIR’s record of supporting Hamas, Hezbullah and other official terrorist groups)
“I wouldn’t want to create the impression that I wouldn’t like the government of the United States to be Islamic sometime in the future…But I’m not going to do anything violent to promote that. I’m going to do it through education.”
CAIR’s former community relations director – Bassem Khafagi
was arrested for involvement with the Islamic Assembly of North America, which was linked to al-Qaida. After pleading guilty to visa and bank fraud charges, Khafagi was deported.
Former CAIR fundraiser – Rabih Haddad
was deported for his work with the Global Relief Foundation (which he co-founded), a terror-financing organization.
CAIR – National Civil Rights Coordinator & Communications Specialist – Randall Ismail Royer
Serving 20 years in Federal prison – Committed Terrorist Crimes While Working For CAIR. Pled guilty to using and discharging a firearm during, and in relation to, a crime of violence and with carrying an explosive during commission of a felony… admitted helping four people gain entry to a terrorist training camp in Pakistan operated by Lashkar-e-Taiba, the group responsible for the 2008 Mumbai jihad massacres.
[United States Of America V. Randall Todd Royer]
Founder Of CAIR-Texas / Chairman of Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development – Ghassan Elashi
Sentenced To 65 Years In Federal Prison
Committed Terrorist Crimes While Working For CAIR. Tried on 21 counts of conspiracy, money laundering and dealing in property of a terrorist. Found guilty on all 21 counts. CAIR’s Ghassan Elashi and his fellow convicts tried to appeal their convictions to the Supreme Court and were DENIED.
[United States of America V. HLF]
In conclusion – Gospel according to Bob
I don’t apologize for my views on ANY subject. But there are times that I take exception to being called names and being called a hate monger and an idiot. I have thought out ,and in my mind, justified my side of this issue and feel fine about it. Apparently the opposing view is in my opinion glaringly flawed and also willing to give somebody a pass on even owning up to the most devastating single terrorist event in current US history. And then call the opposing parties idiots. Nice! Hope your feelings ARE hurt and that you decide to do your own homework before you make silly statements.
Reality! What a concept! And it not always pretty or as it seems.
And I hope the unicorns bring you all the love and forgiveness that your little world can take.