Stress relief! We need stress relief from all the evil and bad news! H/t FOTM‘s MomOfIV and maziel. ~Eowyn
The week was productive!
The new plant beds at the front of the house are done
It was a bit arduous but I made it. It was a bit of work setting all the landscape blocks leveled and set, The one side required a full extra row to get level. But I got it done.
Once I set the perimeter I had to clear the interior area and that was a bit of work but I did it. Then it was a matter of laying down the fabric and topping it with some brown mulch.
The plants right now are just 4 Hosta’s. For now. More to come but that’s it for now!
And the weekend was busy too!
Saturday was a guy day out at Billetproof / Detroit Dragway Reunion. Steve, Liam and I loaded up the HHR and headed down to Milan Dragway. The spectator side was the Billetproof rat-rod show and then the pit side got you into the nostalgia dragsters of the Detroit Dragway Reunion.
Lots of drag racing was on hand and the pits seemed to go on forever. But wandering the pits got you up close and personal with all sorts of nostalgia race cars. And there were tons of the regular drag cars too. Between sitting in the stands and watching the drag racing action and strolling through the pits it was a full day.
And I want to acknowledge the guys with Great Lakes Gassers! The whole bunch of them were awesome. They were very cordial and were willing to show off their rides. They made sure Liam got an up close and personal look at the cars and let him try them on for size. They showed him the inner workings of the cockpits and what does what. Great job guys!
Sunday was a great day for a car show! A clear sunny day and a temp around 90. This one was the SAAC – MCR All Ford Show. This annual show had an added attraction this year with the addition of the 50th Anniversity Celebration of the Cougar. Take a big Ford show and throw in about 300 Cougars from across the country and you have a winner. I made sure to stock up on water for the grueling sunny day ahead. I got there early to get situated before the placed packed up so I setup and started my stay by heading for the swap meet area. The rest of the day was spent browsing up and down the rows looking for cars and features. I found plenty of both.
So today is a day of recovery. Unfortunately it’s 90 out today. kind of a duplicate of yesterday. So I will hide in the AC till it cools down this afternoon. Gonna do some steaks once it cools down. Gotta eat, right!? See ya!
What part of “Trump won and Hillary lost” is confusing to you?
You may not like it but you need to suck it up and get on with your life
Despite your loud protests the world will continue to revolve, Trump will still be the President and the inauguration will still go on without you. And we will still be the greatest country in the world! You can, if you are that upset about it, go hide in mom’s basement or lock yourself in your room and turn up the music for the next four years. But you might consider at least coming out in November 2020 and try it all again.
Trump didn’t really win! FALSE!
Every American citizen is acutely aware of the way elections are held and tallied. Along with the way the position is determined and the fact that this is the way it has been done since it’s inception in 1782. My math says that is over 200 years. So shouting at the top of your lungs that it’s unfair may be the in thing to do but is totally inconsequential. Like it, or not, at this point in time it stands as the way our system works. My only response is that if you don’t like it feel free to propose a new system and get it passed through the Congress and Senate. And YES Trump did win!
And what’s with the “If Trump wins I am gonna … [ fill in the blank ] !”
The I Am Going To Move List
- Barbara Streisand – “I’m either coming to your country [Australia] if you’ll let me in, or Canada.”
- Rev. Al Sharpton “ If Donald Trump is the nominee … I’m also reserving my ticket to get out of here if he wins. Only because he’d probably have me deported anyhow,”
- Amber Rose ” I can’t even think about it! I’m moving, I’m out! I can’t. And I am taking my son with me!“
- Whoopi Goldberg “I don’t want it to be America. Maybe it’s time for me to move, you know. I can afford to go,”
- Miley Cyrus “I am moving if this is my president! I don’t say things I don’t mean!“
- Bryan Cranston “I would definitely move. … It’s not real to me that that would happen. I hope to God it won’t.“
- Eddie Griffin “If Trump wins, I’m moving to Africa. If he wants to build a wall to keep Mexicans out, I know what the f—k he feel about a n—a.”
- Keegan-Michael Key “It’s like, 10 minutes from Detroit,That’s where I’m from; my mom lives there.[ Canada ] It’d make her happy too.”
- Cher “IF HE WERE TO BE ELECTED, I’M MOVING TO JUPITER.”
- Samuel L. Jackson “If that motherf—ker becomes president, I’m moving my black ass to South Africa.”
- Chelsea Handler – “So all these people that threaten to leave the country and then don’t — I actually will leave that country.”
- Omari Hardwick “I’ll move from Denver to Italy… If Donald Trump wins the presidency, I’m out,“
- Lena Dunham “I know a lot of people have been threatening to do this, but I really will. I know a lovely place in Vancouver.”
- Raven Symone “My confession for this election is if any Republican gets nominated, I’m gonna move to Canada with my entire family. Is that bad? I already have my ticket … No, I literally bought my ticket, I swear.”
I love this part! I’m going to move if Trump is elected! You may remember this totally incomplete laundry list of delusional personalities that were convinced that proclaiming that they would leave the country, and this planet, was going to rock the vote! Really?! We all took notes and are back checking the list. Any guesses on how many have actually done it? I’m guessing none but can’t prove it just yet. And there are some that I really do wish would leave but that’s just me.
I’m going to take you at your word! And I had intended to start a GoFundMe page to assist in the purchasing one-way tickets for them so as not to have them renig on their statements! That didn’t quite work out.
Damn! Now I’m offended! Can I protest their lying and NOT leaving? Just askin.
I don’t like you so I won’t play!
- Rebecca Ferguson – would accept but only if she could perform “Strange Fruit,” a protest song about the lynchings of black Americans.
- Jennifer Holliday – initially agreed to perform at the pre-Inauguration celebration, but later withdrew after a backlash from her fans.
- The ‘B Street Band – pulled out of a performance at a New Jersey inaugural gala in deference to Springsteen, a noted Hillary Clinton supporter.
- Garth Brooks – told fans that a conflicting concert in Cincinnati, Ohio now made it impossible.
- Andrea Bocelli -“Bocelli said there was no way he’d take the gig. He was ‘getting too much heat’ and he said no.”
And now on to the second list. Entertainers that have “refused” to play at the presidential inauguration galas. BFD. SFW. That’s their choice. Sadly, many didn’t make the decision on their own. Their fans did! Go with the money! End of story there. Now we have political activist entertainers that seem to think that NOT playing this event for “political” reasons is fine.
My take on this a) it only happens every 4 years and b) it is broadcast worldwide. In my mind it’s not about the politics. Those are over. It is about being on the short list to be invited to perform. Call it prestige if you will. Not many can claim they played / performed at an inaugural gala. So if you choose to bow out and vocalize a politically charged reason have at it. But the result swings both ways. You pleased some followers but at the same time alienated others. Your choice. It’s all you. Time will tell in the pocketbook if that was a good decision or not. Avid followers seem to remember these kind of things. Good and bad.
What the heck was all that about?
What this really means is that to put it in colloquial terms … This is a steaming pile of horse manure! It’s all for show. IMHO just more acting and entertainment.
And what it also says to me is that they will say pretty much anything to get on the media train. Even if you have to walk it back “‘cuz that’s not what I meant.” Some haven’t been in the spotlight for a very long time. And if you are like me, you may have to do some research on just who the heck they are and why they seem to think they are game changers. A singer or actor is not going to sway MY vote. But I will still buy their album, watch their show or see a movie because I like it. But it’s all entertainment anyway. Right?
That’s all I got for now. But wait! There’s more to come!
Hint! Hint! Cry baby politicians!
Talk to me!
I know you got something to say!
A couple hours of mowing, edging and blowing pays off
I did the rear lawn today while it was coolish and I had some time. Takes a while but I did get it done relatively quickly. I did the front a couple of days ago. So for now I am done and when this afternoon rolls around I can hang out on the patio. I have to make a trip to the VA this afternoon so when I get back it will be “Patio Time!” So for now I am going to chill down and get ready for my VA appointment.